Holding out

Today is 29th May 2013. I went to temple with my mum. It has been so long. I can't even remember the last time I went out with her.

As we are crossing the road, i held her hands to cross safely and I realised it has been ages since I held her hands. I told her about this and we both laughed. I knew at that point she was also remembering about the old times. This time round, it was me who turned to hold her hands. It felt surreal.

I remembered the time when she will always hold my hands when we went out, afraid that I will get lost or what. I also remembered the time when she bought chicken rice for me when I came back from my kindergarden class, switching on cartoons for me at the same time. 

She has aged and I grew older. Things changed and I have no common topics with her to talk when I was in the train with her. But still, I tried my best.

At one point of the journey, I was suggesting her to go eat ah chew desserts after temple and she keep refused, saying it was expensive. I do not know whether she know i am treating her anot, but in my mind, i wanted to treat her. After many attempts of asking her to try, she finally agreed with the idea. I loved how she reacts and in the end changed her mind. So there we went. From her face, i could tell that she was happy choosing the dessert and this makes me happy too. Later i even bought Ritz applepie for her to try.

Sometimes in our busy life, we tend to forget those who brings us up. Time to show some love.